Monday, September 28, 2009

Illness

I hate being sick. Honestly, I feel so utterly useless. Instead of being grateful I have a husband who is keeping the house going, a mother to do my laundry and a wonderful daughter to wait on me, I am lamenting the fact that I am stuck in bed, unable to talk because of a sore throat and unable to move because of a splitting headache. It's not as if I am using this downtime productively. I could be writing or editing or even writing that article that is due, but I am not. And to top it all off, I feel guilty about the people I interacted with yesterday that I could have exposed to this flu. See that is the problem with a mind which has time to ponder life. What is that saying? Idleness is the devil's workshop. Or something like that. Funny how it takes being sick to write in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails