Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Doctors and money

Usually a doctor's office wants their co-pay, right? I have lots of friends who are doctors and I know how frustrating it can be to not get the money they're owed. We went to one of these friends for my children's eye exam and when I tried to pay the co-pay the lady at the desk said they would bill me. I'm sorry. You want my money then take it while I'm offering.

That was five months ago. I pay my bills but for some reason this bill has been hell to pay. I tried four times and finally today I got it paid, after 25 minutes and three transfers. I honestly thought I was going to have to call my friend to pay her office. Even though I have friends who are doctors, I don't bother them with questions. They tell me to but I still feel weird about it. And I know that is normal because I had this discussion with a friend whose husband is a doctor - she feels the same way and doesn't want to bother doctor friends.

So I finally got someone on the phone who could help me and you know what she asked me - do you want to pay the full amount or make an installment? Hell yes, I want to pay the full amount - geez, it's only $30.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me with a doctor in Colorado. They never billed me, and I was pretty sure I owed money. So I kept calling and calling, and they never had any record of my owing them money. Then I got a bill like 6 months later!! Weird...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails